Almost Famous: Original Soundtrack Deluxe Edition Various Artists 180g Vinyl 6LP Box Set
A Brilliant Rock Film Deserves the Deluxe Treatment: Epic Almost Famous Box Set Features 6LPs of 180g Vinyl, 47 Songs from the Film, Poster, Book, and Rolling Stone Article
"Look under your bed – it'll set you free." With those enticingly enigmatic words, an empathetic, hip older sister bequeaths to her hyper-smart but nerdy 11-year-old brother her Rosetta Stone to life in the late-'60s: a prized trove of expertly curated rock, pop, and folk albums that set into chaotic motion young William Miller's eye- ear- and mind-opening journey in director Cameron Crowe's quasi-autobiographical 2000 ode to rock ‘n' roll fandom, Almost Famous.
Two decades later, the Oscar/BAFTA/Golden Globe Award-winning film remains one of the sweetest love letters to the genre, one that deftly captured the look, the sound, the feel, the attitude of what rock ‘n' roll meant to its creators, its most fervent adherents, its hangers-on and its worried parents during a golden era of pop music.
The movie's legacy is celebrated with the first-ever release of all the music that so powerfully fueled Crowe's story, based on his own power chord-driven odyssey from wide-eyed music-loving kid to respected rock journalist to celebrated filmmaker.
The Grammy Award winning Almost Famous (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) is available here as a Deluxe Edition 180g vinyl 6LP box set with 47 songs from the film including tracks from Led Zeppelin and Fleetwood Mac plus six Stillwater songs. Previously unreleased songs featured here include "Tiny Dancer (Almost Famous Version)" with Elton John and cast, The Who's "Amazing Journey / Sparks (Almost Famous Version)" and more.
Collectibles include a Stillwater poster, concert tickets, 40-page book and the William Miller cover story on Stillwater as a '73 Rolling Stone newsprint.
The box set points out how exceptional the Almost Famous soundtrack was and remains. Crowe arranged for a dedicated remix and edit of the Who's "Amazing Journey/Sparks" instrumental from their rock opera Tommy and live album Live at Leeds. For another scene, Crowe had grabbed a bootleg live recording out of his stash for Neil Young's "Cortez the Killer" from a 1999 show, which Young recently unearthed from his extensive archive and newly mixed from the original multi-track analog tape for this release. The set is also highlighted with the inclusion of Elton John's iconic "Tiny Dancer," newly mixed with the cast members singing alongside the song as featured in the film.
"We are extremely proud to revisit Almost Famous with a very special bounty of goodness," said Crowe. "...Long live physical media!"
• Deluxe Edition 180g vinyl 6LP box set
• Featuring 47 songs from the film
• 40-page book
• Collectibles include a Stillwater poster, concert tickets, and the William Miller cover story on Stillwater as a '73 Rolling Stone newsprint
Almost Famous: Original Soundtrack Track Listing:
1. The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late) – Alvin & The Chipmunks
2. The Oogum Boogum Song – Brenton Wood
3. America – Simon & Garfunkel
4. "One Day You'll Be Cool"
5. Amazing Journey / Sparks (Almost Famous Version) – The Who*
6. Search And Destroy – Iggy & The Stooges
7. "Rock N' Roll It's Over"
8. It Wouldn't Have Made Any Difference – Todd Rundgren
9. "Don't Take Drugs"
10. Teacher (U.S. Version) – Jethro Tull
11. "We Are Band Aids"
12. Roundabout – Yes
2. I've Seen All Good People: a. Your Move, b. All Good People – Yes
3. Feel Flows – The Beach Boys
4. "This Is Penny Lane"
5. River – Joni Mitchell
6. "Piggyback Ride (San Diego)"
7. Fever Dog – Stillwater
8. Every Picture Tells A Story – Rod Stewart
9. Small Time Blues (Acoustic) – The Hyatt Singers
10. Something In The Air – Stillwater & Cast*
1. Easy To Slip – Little Feat
2. "Rolling Stone Magazine"
3. Go All The Way – The Raspberries
4. Mr. Farmer – The Seeds
5. One Way Out (Live) – The Allman Brothers Band
6. "Don't Forget The Rules"
7. Albert Flasher (Live) – The Guess Who
8. Simple Man - Lynyrd Skynyrd
9. "Just Made Us Look Cool"
10. Love Thing - Stillwater
11. That's The Way - Led Zeppelin
1. Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere - Neil Young & Crazy Horse
2. Future Games - Fleetwood Mac
3. Burn - Deep Purple
4. You Had To Be There - Stillwater
5. "I Am A Golden God"
6. Dear Jill - Blodwyn Pig
7. Tiny Dancer (Almost Famous Version) - Elton John and Cast*
8. Looking At You - MC5
9. Reeling In The Years (Live) - Steely Dan*
1. Lucky Trumble - Nancy Wilson
2. Untitled - Jeff Bebe*
3. I'm Waiting For The Man (Live) - David Bowie
4. "Your Mom Kind Of Freaked Me Out"
5. "Please Welcome Stillwater!"
6. Love Comes And Goes - Stillwater
7. "You Gotta Take What You Can, When You Can"
8. The Wind – Cat Stevens
9. Voodoo Child (Slight Return) – The Jimi Hendrix Experience
10. Slip Away – Clarence Carter
11. Misty Mountain Hop – Led Zeppelin
12. Wishing Well – Free
13. "Cover Of The Rolling Stone"
1. Mona Lisas And Mad Hatters - Elton John
2. Colour My World - Jefferson High School Band
3. My Cherie Amour - Stevie Wonder
4. Cortez The Killer (Live) - Neil Young*
5. "You Made Friends With Them"
6. The Rain Song – Led Zeppelin
7. "We All Know What You Did To Him"
8. Bron-Yr-Aur – Led Zeppelin
9. "What Do You Love About Music?"
10. Tangerine – Led Zeppelin