Elvis Presley Elvis: Back In Nashville Vinyl 2LP
RCA/Legacy commemorates the 50th Anniversary of Elvis Presley's final Nashville sessions with the release of Elvis: Back In Nashville. Back In Nashville features pristine original recordings capturing Elvis and his musicians live-in-the-studio laying down central tracks and performances intended for later release. These revelatory sessions chronicle the last time Elvis would record in Nashville.
Some of Elvis' 1971 Nashville studio recordings appeared, with subsequent orchestral and vocal overdubs, on the seasonal collection Elvis Sings the Wonderful World Of Christmas (1971), the Grammy-winning gospel album He Touched Me (1972), Elvis Now (1972) and 1973's Elvis.
A key difference between Elvis' 1970 and 1971 Nashville sessions is that many of the 1971 recordings included backing singers; therefore, Elvis: Back In Nashville offers a variety of song performances both with and without vocal augmentation.
Given the prolific output of great recordings created by Elvis and his musicians during the fabled 1970 marathon sessions that may be heard on From Elvis In Nashville, RCA and the Elvis camp decided to stick with the winning combination of tight band, seasoned studio, well-chosen repertoire and relaxed spontaneous Elvis behind the microphone and, once again, record as much material as possible over a short period of time.
With Elvis' upcoming concert activities increasing, future studio time would be limited and so the goal of these sessions was to generate perhaps a year's worth of new songs. RCA and the Colonel let Elvis know they'd like a new Christmas album, a gospel album, a pop album, and "several new singles for summer and fall releases" and so, Elvis' music coordinator/producer Felton Jarvis booked a whole week of all-night sessions starting March 15, 1971 and brought on the same band he'd used the year before.
Elvis Presley Elvis: Back In Nashville Track Listing:
1. I'm Leavin' - take 1
2. It's Only Love - take 9
3. We Can Make The Morning - master with backing vocals
4. Love Me, Love The Life I Lead - takes 5 & 6
5. My Way take 3 (Master)
6. Help Me Make It Through The Night - take 3
7. Early Mornin' Rain - take 11
8. Until It's Time For You To Go - remake
9. Lady Madonna - impromptu performance
10. (That's What You Get) For Lovin' Me - take 1
11. I'll Take You Home Again Kathleen
1. Seeing Is Believing
2. An Evening Prayer - take 2
3. I've Got Confidence - take 1
4. Put Your Hand In The Hand
5. He Touched Me - takes 1-2
6. Bosom Of Abraham - takes 2-3
7. If I Get Home On Christmas Day - take 3
8. I'll Be Home On Christmas Day - take 4
9. Holly Leaves And Christmas Trees - take 4
10. Merry Christmas Baby - unedited