Jack White Acoustic Recordings 1998 - 2016 180g Vinyl 2LP
Definitive Jack White Songwriting Collection, Spanning His 20+ Year Career / 26-Tracks Remastered by Andrew Mendelson at Nashville, TN’s Georgetown Masters
Acoustic Recordings 1998-2016 is the definitive Jack White songwriting collection, spanning his entire 20+ year career. It includes White's acoustic-based recordings with the White Stripes, the Raconteurs, and his acclaimed solo projects.
The music included here is all-encompassing, highlighting White's versatility, and the songs are presented with unique character in chronological order. The completely remastered 26-track collection includes album tracks, B-Sides, remixes, alternate versions, and previously unreleased studio recordings – and is a must for any fan of the genius that is Jack White.
The album includes acoustic songs made famous by The White Stripes, beginning with "Sugar Never Tasted So Good" (originally found on The White Stripes' second-ever 7-inch single) and then lighting upon favorites like "Apple Blossom" and "I'm Bound To Pack It Up" (remixed here from the original recordings on 2000's De Stijl), "Hotel Yorba" and "We're Going To Be Friends" (from 2001's White Blood Cells), "You've Got Her In Your Pocket" and "Well It's True That We Love One Another" (from 2003's Grammy Award-winning Elephant), "Forever For Her (Is Over For Me)," "White Moon" and "As Ugly As I Seem" (from 2005's Get Behind Me Satan), "Effect & Cause" (from 2007's Icky Thump), and the Beck-produced "Honey, We Can't Afford To Look This Cheap," first found on the B-side to The White Stripes' final single, 2007's "Conquest."
"City Lights" (below) was written for The White Stripes' Get Behind Me Satan but then forgotten until White revisited the 2005 album for Third Man's Record Store Day 2015 vinyl reissue and finished the recording in 2016. The track is the first new, worldwide commercially released White Stripes song since 2008.
Also featured are “Never Far Away” (recorded for 2003’s Cold Mountain soundtrack) and “Love Is The Truth” (written and recorded for Coca-Cola’s 2006 What Goes Around campaign) as well as the Bluegrass Version of “Top Yourself” and an acoustic mix of the epic murder ballad, “Carolina Drama,” both written by White and Brendan Benson for The Raconteurs’ Grammy Award-winning 2008 album, Consolers of the Lonely.
Jack White Acoustic Recordings 1998-2016 Track Listing:
1. Sugar Never Tasted So Good – The White Stripes
2. Apple Blossom – The White Stripes *remixed
3. I'm Bound to Pack It Up – The White Stripes *remixed
4. Hotel Yorba – The White Stripes
5. We're Going to Be Friends – The White Stripes
6. You've Got Her in Your Pocket – The White Stripes
7. Well It's True That We Love One Another – The White Stripes
8. Never Far Away – Jack White (Cold Mountain Soundtrack)
9. Forever For Her (Is Over For Me) – The White Stripes
10. White Moon – The White Stripes
11. As Ugly As I Seem – The White Stripes
12. City Lights – The White Stripes *unreleased
13. Honey, We Can't Afford to Look This Cheap – The White Stripes
14. Effect & Cause – The White Stripes
1. Love Is The Truth – The White Stripes *acoustic mix
2. Top Yourself – The Raconteurs *bluegrass version
3. Carolina Drama – The Raconteurs *acoustic mix
4. Love Interruption – Jack White
5. On and On and On and On – Jack White
6. Machine Gun Silhouette – Jack White *acoustic mix
7. Blunderbuss – Jack White
8. Hip (Eponymous) Poor Boy Jack white *alternate mix
9. Guess I Should Go To Sleep Jack White *alternate mix
10. Just One Drink – Jack White *acoustic mix
11. Entitlement – Jack White
12. Want and Able – Jack White