Sparks The Sparks Brothers: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack 180g Colored Vinyl 4LP
The Sparks Brothers is a 2021 documentary directed by Edgar Wright and produced by Wright and Nira Park. Wright often uses music as a fundamental part of his filmmaking, drawing especially from popular music.
He was inspired to create a film about the brothers after a life-long obsession with the band. Spending much of their personal lives out of the public eye, this riveting documentary finally sheds light on the Sparks brothers in an intimate way.
With commentary by stars like Beck, Thurston Moore, Flea, Duran Duran, and Jack Antonoff, we discover how much of an influence the brothers had over the cinematic and musical world. "If you want to look at Ron and Russell, you have to look at them through one prism. And that prism is cinema," says Alex Kapranos of Franz Ferdinand.
Formed five decades ago, Sparks is a pop-rock band comprised of two brothers, Ron and Russell Mael. The ever-evolving band has always stayed at the forefront of modern pop by changing its music styles and visual presentation. With 25 creative and bold albums under their belt, the pop duo has influenced and set the tone for many bands to follow. "Because Sparks went off and did completely different things, they planted the seed and others picked up on it and carried it on, as Sparks went off in another direction. They truly opened musical paths," says producer George Hencken (Soul Boys of the Western World).
Waxwork Records, in partnership with Back Lot Music and Focus Features, is proud to present The Sparks Brothers (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) as a deluxe colored 180g vinyl 4LP-set featuring 42 tracks that take us on a journey through five decades of music with Sparks brothers, Ron and Russell Mael.
The set also includes exclusive liner notes by Wright and the Sparks brothers themselves plus an eight-page booklet and an 11" x 17" poster, all housed in a deluxe heavyweight four-pocket book-style gatefold jacket with matte satin finish with design and layout by Matt Needle. The soundtrack features classic hits by Sparks, including live recordings and a lyric reading by Neil Gaiman.
Sparks The Sparks Brothers: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack Track Listing:
1. Sparks Documentary Film Fanfare
2. This Town Ain't Big Enough for Both of Us (from 'Plagiarism')
3. Fa La Fa Lee
5. Wonder Girl
6. Girl From Germany
7. Talent is an Asset
8. This Town Ain't Big Enough for Both of Us (from 'Kimono My House')
9. Amateur Hour
10. Never Turn Back on Mother Earth
11. Something for the Girl
12. With Everything
13. Get in the Swing
14. Under the Table with Her
15. Everybody's Stupid
16. Those Mysteries
17. La Dolce Vita
18. Beat the Clock
19. The Number One Song in Heaven (7")
20. When I'm with You
21. Tips for Teens
22. Angst in My Pants
23. I Predict
24. Cool Places (With Jane Wiedlin)
25. I Wish I Looked a Little Better
27. Music that You Can Dance to
28. The Race for President
29. When do I Get to Sing ‘My Way'?
31. The Rhythm Thief
32. My Baby's Taking Me Home (Live in London 2018)
33. Dick Around
34. I Can't Believe that You Would Fall for all the Crap in this Song
35. Johnny Delusional (Performed by FFS)
36. Edith Piaf (Said it Better than Me)
37. All That
38. The Number One Song in Heaven (Live 2012)
39. Computer Girl
40. Hospitality on Parade (Live at Fairfield Halls 1975)
41. What the Hell is it This Time? (Live in London 2018)
42. ‘My Way' / When do I get to Sing ‘My Way' (Live in London 2018)
43. Amateur Hour (Lyric Reading by Neil Gaiman)"
Out of Stock