The Three Blind Mice The Famous Sound of Three Blind Mice Vol. 1 180g Vinyl 2LP
By 1998, interest in Takeshi "Tee" Fujii's phenomenal success with his Three Blind Mice jazz label led him to make a compilation of his favorite tracks. He chose across a wide swath of recordings made between 1973 and 1978 for the resulting album, which he titled The Famous Sound of Three Blind Mice, Vol. 1. Of course the most popular tunes ("Blow Up," "Misty," "The Lady Is a Tramp," "Scandinavian Suite" and "Midnight Sunrise") were all included. Japanese, German and American CDs provided fans around the world access to Fujii''s singular vision and taste.
It's only now, for the first time ever, that the excitement and sonic detail of these seminal tracks has been offered on vinyl. Impex Record's reference quality 180g 2LP-set includes ten timeless tracks from the likes of the Isao Suzuki Quartet, Tsuyoshi Yamamoto Trio, Tatsuya Takahashi & Tokyo Union, Ayako Hosokawa, Toshiyuki Miyama & The New Herd, Masaru Imada & George Mraz and Shoji Yokouchi Trio + 1, mastered by Chris Bellman at Bernie Grundman Mastering, and spread across four heavy-vinyl sides that let the music "breathe" like never before.
To top it off the gatefold jacket packaging features new art recreating the feel and style of TBM's designer Ben Nishizawa.
The Three Blind Mice The Famous Sound of Three Blind Mice Vol. 1 180g Track Listing:
1. Aquamarine (Isao Suzuki Quartet)
2. Midnight Sugar (Tsuyoshi Yamamoto Trio)
3. Midnight Sunrise (Tatsuya Takahashi & Tokyo Union)
4. The Lady Is A Tramp (Ayako Hosokawa)
5. La Fiesta (Toshiyuki Miyama & The New Herd)
6. The Way We Were (Tsuyoshi Yamamoto Trio)
7. When A Man Loves A Woman (Live in 5 Days in Jazz Vol. 1)
8. Alone Together (Masaru Imada & George Mraz)
9. Willow Weep For Me (Shoji Yokouchi Trio + 1)
10. Misty (Tsuyoshi Yamamoto Trio)