Grant Green - Idle Moments Vinyl LP
Grant Green Idle Moments Vinyl LP
Remastered and Reissued As Part of the Blue Note 75th Anniversary Vinyl Reissue Campaign, Remastered by Bernie Grundman.
Grant Green was, along with Wes Montgomery, the top new jazz guitarist to become prominent in the early 1960s. Due to his single-note style (Green rarely every played a chord) and his ability to create fast lines on the spot, he was in some ways the Charlie Parker of the guitar. He gained experience playing in St. Louis in the 1950s including with Jimmy Forrest, Harry “Sweets” Edison and Lou Donaldson, moved to New York, and immediately became Blue Note’s house guitarist.
When it came to playing soul jazz with organ combos, jamming bebop with a quartet, caressing ballads or coming up with fresh approaches to Latin jazz and spirituals, the versatile Green was at the top of his field. But among his many recordings, Grant Green’s most vital and adventurous was Idle Moments. With such inspiring sidemen as Joe Henderson, Bobby Hutcherson and Duke Pearson, Green is heard at the absolute apex of his creativity throughout this stunning set.
He builds up statements like a masterful speaker, sounds both passionate and thoughtful at every tempo, and never runs out of brilliant and personal ideas to express. Every phrase leads to the next one yet all of his solos are spontaneous. While the other musicians are inspired and in top form, Idle Moments is particularly notable as the height of Grant Green’s musical genius!
Grant Green (guitar)
Duke Pearson (piano)
Joe Henderson (tenor saxophone)
Bobby Hutcherson (vibes)
Bob Cranshaw (bass)
Al Harewood (drums)
- Remastered and reissued as part of the Blue Note 75th anniversary vinyl reissue campaign
- Vinyl initiative spearheaded by current Blue Note Records President, Don Was, to include 100 essential Blue Note albums
- Includes special Blue Note 75 vinyl sleeve that features album cover art for 75 Blue Note titles
- First run of vinyl to include Blue Note 75th logo on back of package
- Key to the Blue Note 75th anniversary vinyl reissue campaign is the creation of high quality audio at an affordable price
- All year long Blue Note will celebrate their iconic artists and the history of the label with various events, digital initiatives, vinyl campaigns and more
Grant Green Idle Moments Track Listing:
1. Idle Moments
2. Jean De Fleur
We Also Recommend