Holst The Planets - Mehta - Los Angeles Philharmonic on Hybrid Stereo SACD TBA
Holst The Planets - Mehta - Los Angeles Philharmonic on Hybrid Stereo SACD
Analogue Productions' Best of Decca Classical SACD Reissue Series
Includes 9 Decca Titles All Remastered from the Original Master Tapes by Willem Makee
Due to such resounding critical and customer support for their first RCA Living Stereo reissue series featuring 25 premier-sounding titles - Analogue Productions knew classical music lovers were hungry for more. Their Decca Classical SACD Series includes nine Decca titles on Hybrid Stereo SACD (no LPs for this series). Each historical title has been remastered from the original master tapes and the digital transfers were made by renowned European mastering engineer Willem Makee.
Early London/Decca Stereo Classical instrumental and chamber music recordings (1956-1963) contain some of the premient historical musical performances, many of which remain unequalled today. These reissued titles are very sought-after by collectors, never before available in a high-resolution digital format. The SACDs have been authored for the series by Gus Skinas of the Super Audio Center in Boulder, CO and are designed to be the finest editions of these recordings ever reissued!
Earth was not created in a day. And the same applies to Gustav Holst's interplanetary symphony which took him about three years to write. The composer employs a massive orchestra and rich orchestral coloring to portray each planet in his musical psychogram. Mars, the Bringer of War, rages with mechanical brutality, while Venus brings peace and an acceptance of life. Mercury, the Winged Messenger, darts here and there with quicksilver speed, while powerful and sovereign Jupiter brings jollity and reassurance.
Saturn plods by with heavy tread, while Uranus with its contrasting changes in tempo remains enigmatic and extrovert. And because Pluto, the most distant planet had not yet been discovered, it is Neptune, the great unknown, which is lost in time and space in an endless ostinato of female voices. Zubin Mehta and the Los Angeles Philharmonic present this astronomical journey with precision and exhilaration, leaving neither time nor space for astrological speculation. As always, the excellent Decca recording quality guarantees an unimpeded view of this musical galaxy.
Gustav Holst (composer)
Zubin Mehta (conductor)
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra
• Analogue Productions' Best of Decca Classical SACD Reissue Series
• Series includes 9 Decca titles on Hybrid Stereo SACD (no LPs for this series)
• Each title has been remastered from the original master tapes and the digital transfers were made by renowned European mastering engineer Willem Makee
• Never before available in a high-resolution digital format
• Series authored by Gus Skinas of the Super Audio Center in Boulder, CO
Holst The Planets - Mehta - Los Angeles Philharmonic Track Listing:
1. Mars, the Bringer of War - Allegro
2. Venus, The Bringer of Peace - Adagio
3. Mercury, the Winged Messenger - Vivace
4. Jupiter, the Bringer of Jollity - Allegro giocoso
5. Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age - Adagio
6. Uranus, the Magician - Allegro
7. Neptune, the Mystic - Andante
We Also Recommend