Jack White - Lazaretto 180g Vinyl LP + Download
Jack White Lazaretto 180g Vinyl LP + Download
2015 Grammy Award Winner for Best Rock Performance - "Lazaretto"
Jack White returns with his highly anticipated second solo album Lazaretto, to be issued June 2014 on Third Man Records/Columbia. Lazaretto's 11-tracks inhabit an exciting place in White's expansive and restless discography as the follow-up to 2012's gold-certified international #1 Blunderbuss. The release is preceded by the genre hopping lead single and title track "Lazaretto" as well as the previously unveiled blistering instrumental "High Ball Stepper."
The aforementioned Blunderbuss was the first U.S. #1 album of Jack's storied career, also debuting at #1 in the UK, Canada, and, naturally, Switzerland. The album was supported by an ambitious world tour featuring two backing bands, the all-male Buzzards and all-female Peacocks, notched up five Grammy nominations including Album of the Year, and dominated Best of 2012 lists, including being named MOJO's #1 album of 2012.
"That rattle and clang can only mean one thing: Jack White's comin' 'round the mountain, pushing his trusty rusty shopping cart of American musical artifacts and curiosities. This time, he's peddling his second solo album, Lazaretto, the latest in a long line of records he's more or less masterminded since his days fronting the White Stripes...On Lazaretto, White rummages through his cart and emerges with fiddles, organs, slide guitars, and fuzz boxes powered by hand-cranked generators.
"And is that a leftover plate of Ennio Morricone's Western spaghetti? Indeed, it is, and if it all adds up to a better album than his debut, Blunderbuss, the reason may be his choice of collaborator: his 19-year-old self. As White has said in interviews, he wrote most of the music months before he composed the lyrics, and in order to find inspiration, he borrowed from poems and one-act plays he wrote 20 years ago, when he was all hunger and no experience. Now, he's a man of the world - a jokester and snake-oil salesman who also happens to be a fantastic singer and songwriter." - Kenneth Partridge, Billboard
• 180 gram single vinyl LP
• Single-pocket tip-on jacket
• Includes MP3 download
• 2 vinyl-only hidden tracks hidden beneath the center labels
• 1 hidden track plays at 78 RPM, one plays at 45 RPM, making this a 3-speed record
• Side A plays from the inside out
• Dual-groove technology: plays an electric or acoustic intro for "Just One Drink" depending on where needle is dropped. The grooves meet for the body of the song.
• Matte finish on Side B, giving the appearance of an un-played 78 RPM record
• Both sides end with locked grooves
• Vinyl pressed in seldom-used flat-edged format
• Dead wax area on Side A contains a hand-etched hologram by Tristan Duke of Infinity Light Science, the first of its kind on a vinyl record
• Absolutely zero compression used during recording, mixing and mastering
• Different running order from the CD/digital version
• LP utilizes some mixes different from those used on CD and digital version
Jack White Lazaretto Track Listing:
1. Three Women
3. Temporary Ground
4. Would You Fight for My Love?
5. High Ball Stepper
6. Just One Drink
7. Alone in My Home
8. That Black Bat Licorice
10. I Think I Found the Culprit
11. Want and Able
We Also Recommend