Jean Rollin: The B-Music of Jean Rollin 1968-1973 - Various Artists Vinyl LP
Jean Rollin: The B-Music of Jean Rollin 1968-1973 Various Artists Vinyl LP
Rising out of the smoky Parisian Mai 68 shrapnel and claiming his stake as the first French vampire movie director, the inimitable father of European horrortica, Jean Rollin smudged the painted face of surrealist cinema for over five decades.
Dragging his roots from beneath the Letterist/Situationist movements, avant-garde theater, and Belgian fine art groups and entwining them around the minds of sexual revolutionaries, the European comic book cognoscenti and the Parisian free jazz and rock scenes, Rollin stopped at nothing to bring his macabre fantasies of zygotic vampyrism and backwoods blood cults to Gallic cinémathèques and beyond.
Celebrating the immortal legacy of the late director, Finders Keepers compile a detailed and comprehensive music cabinet of some of the finest musical moments from 1968-1973, which provided a much needed platform for the freak rock and free jazz that mirrored the distorted erotic visions in his own mind's eye.
Imagine Gong-gone-wrong meeting the art ensembles of Châteauroux... Fantasy pop groups mutate and thrive within. Features tracks from Yvon Gerault, Acanthus, Pierre Raph, and François Tusques.
Jean Rollin: The B-Music of Jean Rollin 1968-1973 Various Artists Track Listing:
1. Yvon Gerault - Blind Songbird
2. Acanthus - Le Frisson Des Vampires
3. Pierre Raph - Gilda & Gunshots
4. Pierre Raph - Crotch Batterie
5. François Tusques - Golden Panther
6. Acanthus - La Château
7. Yvon Gerault - Fallen Dancer
8. Pierre Raph - Batterie Fields
9. Acanthus - Wedding Party
10. Pierre Raph - Jewel Thieves
11 Pierre Raph - Jade Lake
12. François Tusques - Abstract Procession
13. Acanthus - Flightless Bird
14. Yvon Gerault - Blue Doll Baroque
15. Pierre Raph - Jeunes Filles Impudiques
16. Acanthus - Doux-Reveil
17. Yvon Gerault - Skittles
18. François Tusques - Croque Weasel
19. Acanthus - La Cite Rouge
We Also Recommend