Led Zeppelin - Coda: Deluxe on 3CD
Led Zeppelin Coda: Deluxe on 3CD
Painstakingly Remastered from the Original Master Tapes by Jimmy Page: Expect These CDs to Sound Better Than Any Prior Zeppelin Digital Release
Featuring a Second & Third CD of Unreleased Companion Audio including 15 Tracks Recorded Between 1968-1974
Housed in Tri-Fold Jacket with 16-Page Booklet
Deluxe editions of Led Zeppelin's final three studio albums: Presence, In Through The Out Door, and Coda will be released in July 2015. The reaction to the first six Led Zeppelin album reissues has been extraordinary, with albums charting in the Top 10 around the globe whilst also garnering 5-star reviews and other critical accolades along the way.
As with the previous deluxe editions, Presence, In Through The Out Door, and Coda have been newly remastered by guitarist and producer Jimmy Page and are accompanied by companion audio comprised of previously unreleased music related to the original release selected and compiled by Page.
The appropriately titled Coda was Led Zeppelin's final album of studio recordings. Released in 1982, it was comprised of eight unreleased tracks recorded between 1970 and 1978. It peaked at #6 on the album charts and has been certified platinum in the U.S. Home to true swan songs like "Darlene," "Ozone Baby" and "Poor Tom."
The reissue campaign ends with a double-barrel blast of Led. Coda will be the only Led Zeppelin deluxe edition to include two companion discs, featuring 15 tracks recorded between 1968 and 1974. The oldest song in the collection is also perhaps the most interesting. The frenetic blues jam "Sugar Mama" was recorded in 1968 at Olympic Studios during sessions for the band's eponymous debut. The song was completed but never officially released until now. "Baby Come On Home" from the same session is also included in the set. Also included is the previously unreleased "St. Tristan's Sword," a rollicking instrumental recorded during the Led Zeppelin III sessions in 1970.
In 1968, Jimmy Page formed Led Zeppelin, one of the most influential, innovative and successful groups in modern music, having sold more than 300 million albums worldwide. The band rose from the ashes of The Yardbirds, when Page brought in Robert Plant, John Bonham and John Paul Jones. In 1969, Led Zeppelin released its self-titled debut. It marked the beginning of a 12-year reign, during which the group was widely considered to be the biggest and most innovative rock band in the world.
Presence, In Through The Out Door, and Coda will each be available in the following formats:
• Single CD - Remastered original album. Presence and Coda will be packaged in a gatefold card wallet. All CD and LP versions of In Through The Out Door will be wrapped in a brown paper page replicating its initial release.
• Deluxe Edition (2CD and 3CD) - Remastered album, plus a second disc of unreleased companion audio. Coda will feature two companion audio discs.
• Single LP - Remastered album on 180-gram vinyl, packaged in a sleeve that replicates the LP's first pressing in exacting detail. All vinyl versions of In Through The Out Door will also include the water-sensitive insert that replicates the inner sleeve from the album's initial release.
• Deluxe Edition Vinyl - Remastered album and unreleased companion audio on 180-gram vinyl. Coda will feature two companion LPs.
• Super Deluxe Boxed Set
- Remastered album on CD in vinyl replica sleeve.
- Companion audio on CD in card wallet.
- Remastered album on 180-gram vinyl in a sleeve replicating first pressing.
- Companion audio on 180-gram vinyl.
- High-def audio download card of all content at 96kHz/24 bit.
- Hard bound, 72+ page book filled with rare and previously unseen photos and memorabilia.
- High quality print of the original album cover, the first 30,000 of which will be individually numbered.
Led Zeppelin Coda - Deluxe Track Listing:
CD1 - Original Album Remastered
1. We're Gonna Groove
2. Poor Tom
3. I Can't Quit You Baby
4. Walter's Walk
5. Ozone Baby
7. Bonzo's Montreux
8. Wearing And Tearing
CD2 - Companion Audio
1. We're Gonna Groove (Alternate Mix)
2. If It Keeps On Raining (When The Levee Breaks - Rough Mix)
3. Bonzo's Montreux (Mix Construction In Progress)
4. Baby Come On Home
5. Sugar Mama ( Mix)
6. Poor Tom (Instrumental Mix)
7. Travelling Riverside Blues (BBC Session)
8. Hey, Hey, What Can I Do
CD3 - Companion Audio
1. Four Hands (Four Sticks - Bombay Orchestra)
2. Friends (Bombay Orchestra)
3. St. Tristan's Sword (Rough Mix)
4. Desire (The Wanton Song - Rough Mix)
5. Bring It On Home (Rough Mix)
6. Walter's Walk (Rough Mix)
7. Everybody Makes It Through (In The Light - Rough Mix)
We Also Recommend