Sonny Rollins - Volume 2 on Vinyl LP
Sonny Rollins Volume 2 on Vinyl LP
Remastered and Reissued As Part of the Blue Note 75th Anniversary Vinyl Reissue Campaign
In jazz history, Sonny Rollins ranks among tenor-saxophone giants like Coleman Hawkins, Lester Young, Ben Webster and John Coltrane in talent and influence. In his dazzling 60-year career at the top, Rollins has balanced melodic development with unpredictable phrases, infusing his innovative ideas with his memorable wit.
J.J. Johnson shared the front line with his tenor master, Sonny Rollins, for this exceptional 1957 session that showcases a unique reworking of "Poor Butterfly" and the great original "Why Don't I." Horace Silver is the featured pianist here, but Thelonious Monk graces "Reflections" and both pianists alternate throughout a stunning version of "Misterioso."
Sonny Rollins (tenor saxophone)
Paul Chambers (bass)
J.J. Johnson (trombone)
Horace Silver (piano)
Thelonious Monk (piano)
Art Blakey (drums)
• Remastered and reissued as part of the Blue Note 75th anniversary vinyl reissue campaign
• Vinyl initiative spearheaded by current Blue Note Records President, Don Was, to include 100 essential Blue Note albums
• Includes special Blue Note 75 vinyl sleeve that features album cover art for 75 Blue Note titles
• First run of vinyl to include Blue Note 75th logo on back of package
• Key to the Blue Note 75th anniversary vinyl reissue campaign is the creation of high quality audio at an affordable price
• Blue Note will celebrate their iconic artists and the history of the label with various events, digital initiatives, vinyl campaigns and more
Sonny Rollins Volume 2 Track Listing:
1. Why Don't I?
2. Wail March
5. You Stepped Out Of A Dream
6. Poor Butterfly
We Also Recommend