The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Season 1: Music From the Original Series - Various Artists Vinyl LP
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Season 1: Music From the Original Series Various Artists Vinyl LP
In 1958 New York, Midge Maisel's life is on track - husband, kids, and elegant Yom Kippur dinners in their Upper West Side apartment. But when her life takes a surprise turn, she has to quickly decide what else she's good at - and going from housewife to stand-up comic is a wild choice to everyone but her. Winner of eight Emmy Awards, Amazon Prime original series The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel was created by Amy Sherman-Palladino (Gilmore Girls).
"What we really wanted to do with this show is use songs with big orchestration," Sherman-Palladino explained to IndieWire when discussing the vision for Maisel's soundtrack. "It's the big world that we're trying to recreate and bring back. It brands us a little bit, and it helps if you sit and you think about a scene."
"Music has always been a little like a character to us," Sherman-Palladino adds to Vulture. "I put certain touchstones and songs in the show because I wanted Amazon to understand the vibe of the scenes. Barbra Streisand's "In Old Peking" was always in there, as was Anthony Newley's "A Wonderful Day Like Today." They had an exuberance and energy that talked about who Midge is. She's an exuberant and energetic character, and she looks at life like, 'It's a wonderful day! I'm up, my dress looks good, my makeup is perfect!'
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Season 1: Music From the Original Series Various Artists Track Listing:
1. A Wonderful Day Like Today (from The Roar of The Greasepaint) - Cyril Ritchard, Ensemble
2. Come To the Supermarket (In Old Peking) - Barbra Streisand
3. Who's Sorry Now - Connie Francis
4. Pass Me By - Peggy Lee, Steve Genewick
5. Dance Only With Me - Blossom Dearie
6. What's In It For You (from "Tenderloin") - Maurice Evans, Ron Hussmann
7. Nevertheless (I'm In Love With You) - The Mills Brothers
8. The Gentleman Is A Dope - Blossom Dearie
9. Isn't This A Lovely Day? - Ella Fitzgerald, Paul Weston and His Orchestra
10. I Enjoy Being A Girl - Sutton Foster, Vince Giordano and The Nighthawks
11. Ya Got Trouble (from "The Music Man") - Robert Preston
12. Mairzy Doats - The Pied Pipers
13. Cry Me A River - Julie London
14. It's Only A Paper Moon - Nat King Cole
15. Oh! Look At Me Now - Frank Sinatra
We Also Recommend