The Ronettes - The Ronettes Featuring Veronica 180g Vinyl LP (Backordered)
The Ronettes The Ronettes Featuring Veronica 180g Vinyl LP
The Ronettes grew up in New York City's Spanish Harlem. The girl group was built around lovely lead singer Veronica Bennett (later Ronnie Spector) and was rounded out by her older sister Estelle and their cousin Nedra Talley. Most of the recordings on this long-player were first issued at the start of their career in 1961-63 as singles on the Colpix and May labels, produced by the legendary Stu Phillips. When their first two singles came out, The Ronettes still were named Ronnie and The Relatives.
They had made their breakthrough during a Joey Dee & The Starliters show at the Peppermint Lounge in Manhattan singing Ray Charles' "What'd I Say." They stayed at the Peppermint Lounge for weeks, changing their name to The Ronettes early on. The girls created their iconic look by wearing exaggerated eye makeup and teasing their hair to unbelievable proportions. "We'd look pretty wild by the time we got out onstage," Ronnie later recalled.
The Colpix and May singles failed to hit, so their contract ended in 1963. Producer Phil Spector was very interested in signing The Ronettes. He placed them in front of his legendary ‘Wall of Sound' and the hits came in abundance, beginning with the vocal trio's immortal "Be My Baby." Colpix still had The Ronettes' early recordings in its possession, and The Ronettes featuring Veronica, an album made up of those tracks, was issued in 1965 in the US, Holland and Great Britain, shortly after Spector released the group's only studio album on his Philles label.
• The Ronettes were one of the first successful American girl groups
• Led by singer Veronica Bennett they released a string of hit records produced by Phil Spector
• These Colpix and May masters were recorded and issued prior to Phil Spector signing the group
• The original album came out in 1965 after the major breakthrough success of The Ronettes
• Contains "I Want a Boy" and "I'm Gonna Quit While I'm Ahead" and other favorites
• Re-mastered for best listening pleasure
• Reproduction of original European front cover
The Ronettes The Ronettes Featuring Veronica Track Listing:
1. He Did It
3. Good Girls
4. The Memory
5. You Bet I Would
6. I'm Gonna Quit While I'm Ahead
7. I'm On The Wagon
8. Recipe For Love
9. My Guiding Angel
10. I Want A Boy
11. What's So Sweet About Sweet Sixteen
We Also Recommend