Tom Waits - Nighthawks At The Diner 180g Vinyl 2LP (Out Of Stock) Pre-order
Tom Waits Nighthawks At The Diner 180g Vinyl 2LP
Recorded in front of a live audience at the Record Plant recording studio in Los Angeles in 1975, Nighthawks at the Diner debuts some of Waits's greatest classics like "Warm Beer, Cold Women" and "Eggs and Sausage" with a crack Jazz ensemble backing him up and some of the greatest stage patter ever committed to record.
Tom Waits is an American singer-songwriter, composer and actor. Waits has a distinctive voice, described by critic Daniel Durchholz as sounding "like it was soaked in a vat of bourbon, left hanging in the smokehouse for a few months, and then taken outside and run over with a car." With this trademark growl, his incorporation of pre-rock music styles such as blues, jazz, and vaudeville, and experimental tendencies verging on industrial music, Waits has built up a distinctive musical persona.
He has worked as a composer for movies and musical plays and as a supporting actor in films, including Down By Law and Bram Stoker's Dracula. He was nominated for an Academy Award for his soundtrack work on One from the Heart.
Lyrically, Waits' songs frequently present atmospheric portrayals of grotesque, often seedy characters and places - although he has also shown a penchant for more conventional ballads. He has a cult following and has influenced subsequent songwriters despite having little radio or music video support.
His songs are best-known to the general public in the form of cover versions by more visible artists: "Jersey Girl", performed by Bruce Springsteen and "Downtown Train", performed by Rod Stewart. Although Waits' albums have met with mixed commercial success in his native United States, they have occasionally achieved gold album sales status in other countries. He has been nominated for a number of major music awards and has won Grammy Awards for two albums, Bone Machine and Mule Variations.
Tom Waits Nighthawks At The Diner Track Listing:
1. Opening Intro (Live)
2. Emotional Weather Report (Live)
3. Intro To On A Foggy Night (Live)
4. On A Foggy Night (Live)
5. Intro To Eggs And Sausage (In A Cadillac With Susan Michelson) [Live]
6. Eggs And Sausage (In A Cadillac With Susan Michelson) [Live]
7. Intro To Better Off Without A Wife (Live)
8. Better Off Without A Wife (Live)
9. Nighthawk Postcards (From Easy Street) [Live]
1. Intro To Warm Beer And Cold Women (Live)
2. Warm Beer And Cold Women (Live)
3. Intro To Putnam County (Live)
4. Putnam County (Live)
5. Spare Parts I (A Nocturnal Emission) [Live]
6. Nobody (Live)
7. Intro To Big Joe And Phantom 309 (Live)
8. Big Joe And Phantom 309 (Live)
9. Spare Parts II And Closing (Live)
We Also Recommend