Wharfedale - Denton 80th Anniversary Bookshelf Speakers Pair
Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary Speakers
A Proud Heritage: Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary Bookshelf Speakers Pay Homage to Legendary Original Model and Include Advanced Technology
Limited-Edition Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary Speakers: Stellar Craftsmanship, Sonics, Value, and Character!
Heritage: A desirable trait that cannot be bought, falsified, or duplicated. Wharfedale's 80th Anniversary Edition Denton loudspeaker celebrates tradition and honors the excellence of a company that continues to perform to the same exalted standards it did more than eight decades ago. Wharfedale has always been committed to serving you, the music lover. Renowned for its warm, inviting, and rich character, the Denton plays a big role in that history.
"There aren’t many audio companies that have been around to celebrate 80 years in the business. But Wharfedale has marked that impressive milestone with the Denton stand mounters. These are immensely likeable. Their relaxed yet engaging sound has a lot of appeal. They’re fully capable of delivering a large slice of sonic heaven [and] we can’t think of a rival at this price that will suit you better!"
– What HiFi, Four-Star Review
Respecting Tradition and Incorporating Modern Technology
One of the British manufacturer's most popular, successful, and long-running models, the Denton returns for the first time in years via this very limited-edition version. Appointed with hand-veneered mahogany, an insert front baffle, and a traditional Tungsten cloth grille, this bookshelf entry pays homage to the original while incorporating advanced technology to make it the best edition ever produced.
Improvements Enliven Your Listening Pleasure
Multiple enhancements, along with the strong tie to one of the finest legacy's in audio, ensure music lovers of all stripes will want this soon-to-be collectable model. The bass unit boasts a standard-setting woven Kevlar cone mounted on a ridged die-cast chassis, while the drive units are paired with a meticulous crossover to achieve seamless balance and performance. Denton's cabinet walls utilize Wharfedale's distinguished sandwich wood construction, leading to improved panel resonance, decreased internal vibrations, and diminished colorations. The end result: An alluring compact loudspeaker that fuses utmost craftsmanship, pure sonics, and incredible value. Wharfedale wouldn't have it any other way.
Visually striking, you need to see and hear these speakers to really understand what they offer. That means you have to get them in your room. direct audio makes it easy by guaranteeing your satisfaction with a 45-Day Money-Back Guarantee. Even though we don't plan on seeing these beauties return. Once they're gone, they're gone forever.
Call a direct audio audio consultant or simply order on our Web site today to get your pair of Dentons delivered to your door!
"The Dentons never give the impression they are emphasis in one part of the music to the detriment of another yet still manage to avoid sounding overly dry and clinical. Instead they just make music sound fun - whether you want to delve deep into a mix or simply let it flow over you. Wharfedale have produced a very impressive, sophisticated, detiled and musical speaker here at an almost bargain price...They combine class-leading levels of detail, coherence and a toe-tapping factor that just demands you keep listening. You could easily spend a great deal more and end up with much less than the Dentons deliver. Factor in the superb build quality and there's no doubt Wharfedale has done a fine job of updating a classic from its illustrious past."
– Jon Myles, HiFi World
• Inset Front Baffle: The front baffle is firmly locked into the cabinet by a deep inset. This contributes to the speaker’s traditional look and, more importantly, to its improved sound quality, as it reduces cabinet vibration and provides a stable platform for the drive units.
• High Performance Bass/mid Unit: To make the most of the strong front baffle, the main drive unit chassis has been enhanced with a massive flange that is secured using six screws, thus improving its stability. The carefully designed surround of the woven Kevlar cone helps to yield a clean high-frequency acoustic roll-off thus enhancing the ability of the mid/bass unit and tweeter to work as a cohesive whole.
• Low Profile Chassis: The Bass/mid unit features an open chassis structure to reduce reflection from rear cone movements, allowing air to move freely from the driver, which in turn results in an overall even response with very low distortion. Formed from injection-molded alloy in a shape pioneered by Wharfedale, the chassis itself provides substantial damping of ring waves.
• Rear-firing Twin Reflex Ports: The speaker’s twin reflex ports have been moved to the rear of the cabinet, to reduce the effects of audible distortion. These ports extend the bass to below 45Hz, contributing to an impressive sense of sonic scale.
• Ferrite-Powered Treble Motor System: With the use of a high strength 70mm Ferrite magnet, the concentration of the magnetic field is directed precisely within the area of voice coil excursion for an ultra-linear performance. The mounting plate has a profiled cross-section to optimize the dispersion of high frequency sound so it integrates flawlessly with the bass/mid-range drivers and produces the fastest and most linear response possible.
• Advanced Computer Modeled Crossover: Denton’s crossover is based upon phase-perfect Linkwitz-Riley filters, modeled in Wharfedale's advanced crossover simulation software and then fine-tuned by ear to yield the traditional Wharfedale character of sound.
• Traditional Front Grille: The front grille has been designed to ensure it has no adverse effect on the speaker’s performance. The cloth chosen for the grille not only emphasizes the traditional look but also enhances the sonic performance.
• Offset Bi-Wire Terminals: Utilizing the same familiar offset terminal block as high-end Wharfedale speakers, the gold-plated contact areas and bridging strips allow firm connections with the best possible connectivity, whilst the offset pattern provides allowance for heavy duty cables and a wider range of cable connection options.
Description/Format: 2-way vented-box / Stand mount
1 x 1" (25mm) High frequency textile dome
1 x 5" (125mm) Woven Kevlar bass cone
Frequency Response: (±3dB ) 44Hz - 24kHz
Sensitivity: (1W@1M) 86dB
A/V shielded: No
Crossover Frequency: 2.3kHz
Nominal Impedance: 6Ω
Recommended amplifier power: (RMS) 20-100 W
Finishes: Cabinet: Mahogany Red Veneer
Grille: Grey Tungsten cloth
Accessories: Rubber Feet
Dimensions: 12.6" x 7.8" x 10.8"
Net weight: 17.4 lbs.
We Also Recommend