Yo La Tengo - Stuff Like That There Vinyl LP
Yo La Tengo Stuff Like That There Vinyl LP
Stuff Like That There, is a new 14 song collection of covers (The Cure, Hank Williams, The Lovin’ Spoonful), originals ("Rickety," "Awhileaway") and past catalog reworkings ("All Your Secrets," "The Ballad of Red Buckets," "Deeper Into Movies") that happens to coincide with the 25th anniversary of Yo La Tengo's landmark 1990 album, Fakebook.
With Fakebook as template, Stuff Like That There is a record with ties to the past which contribute to the sound they make furthered by an affinity for the sounds they love. Somehow they compose the already composed by return. It's clear-eyed. It's clever and concealed.
Recorded with Gene Holder (The Feelies), Stuff Like That There has the trio of Ira Kaplan, Georgia Hubley and James McNew augmented by the guitarist and former Yo La Tengo member Dave Schramm, with James negotiating the wonders of the upright bass for the first time. This album has be dreamed about by Yo La Tengo fans for decades and the wait is nearly over.
This unprecedented live set-up - Ira on acoustic guitar, Georgia up-front on a small kit, and James on upright bass - marks the first occasion of this particular Yo La Tengo incarnation touring together (and since it took them 31 years to get around to doing so, could very well also be the last).
Yo La Tengo Stuff Like That There Track Listing:
1. My Heart’s Not in It (Darlene McCrea)
3. I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry (Hank Williams)
4. All Your Secrets (remake of track from Popular Songs)
5. The Ballad of Red Buckets (remake of track from Electr-o-pura)
6. Friday I’m in Love (The Cure)
7. Before We Stopped to Think (Great Plains)
8. Butchie’s Tune (The Lovin’ Spoonful)
9. Automatic Doom (Special Pillow)
11. I Can Feel the Ice Melting (The Parliaments)
12. Naples (Antietam)
13. Deeper Into Movies (remake of track from I Can Hear the Heart Beating as One)
14. Somebody’s in Love (The Cosmic Rays with Le Sun Ra and Arkestra)
We Also Recommend